In 2008, ICAS celebrated its fifteenth anniversary. A Canadian federally incorporated company, we are committed to providing reliable information that will help individuals achieve personal, career and educational goals and help employers, educational institutions, immigration authorities, community agencies and other organizations to understand international credentials. We believe that these services should be easily accessible to individuals and organizations. To accomplish this, we maintain a fee structure which is reasonable and have established access centres throughout Ontario. ICAS annually provides over 10 000 assessments for secondary, postsecondary and technical qualifications.
ICAS Management Committee
- is composed of individuals from senior levels of government, education and industry each of whom has extensive experience in education in Canada and internationally
- is responsible for providing program and policy direction and for considering appeals
- are highly trained research and evaluation professionals
- trained in Canada by individuals who provide not only extensive knowledge of international education but also an understanding of the Canadian perspective
- travel regularly to obtain information first hand and to attend national and international conferences
- each senior evaluator is among the most experienced in North America with at least 20 years experience in assessing international educational credentials
- an extensive on-site research library with both current and historic information
- an electronic on-site data base of educational systems around the world
- academic qualifications recorded through an on-site tracking system
- samples of thousands of documents for all levels and types of education
- electronic databases established by other reputable organizations worldwide
- ongoing liaison and communication with governments, national academic assessment bodies, and other credential evaluation agencies
ICAS (and ICAS staff) are members of numerous national and international organizations such as:
- Canadian Education Association (CEA)
- Ontario School Counsellors' Association (OSCA)
- Association of International Educators (NAFSA)
- America-Mideast Educational Training Service (AMIDEAST)
- European Association of International Educators (EAIE)
- Canadian Association of Prior Learning Assessment (CAPLA)
- Association of Registrars of Universities and Colleges of (ARUCC)
- Canadian Bureau of International Education (CBIE)
- Committee of Registrars, Admissions and Liaison Officers of Ontario (CRAALO)
To ensure access to ICAS services in all regions of Ontario, ICAS has agreements with schools, colleges and community agencies in Brampton, Brockville, Chatham, Cornwall, Hamilton, Kingston, Niagara Falls, Oakville, Ottawa, Thunder Bay, Toronto and Windsor.
ICAS applications forms are available at these access centres. All requests for assessments must be forwarded to ICAS’ office in Guelph.
Find an Access Centre location near you.